Bears News; How the Bears' thrilling 4th-and-13 touchdown came together

Latest news on the Chicago Bears
Ditka
Site Admin

Bears News; How the Bears' thrilling 4th-and-13 touchdown came together

The Chicago Bears felt destined to blow another lead to the Detroit Lions in the third quarter of Sunday’s divisional matchup. After leading 10-0 in the first quarter, the NFC North foes were deadlocked at 13-13 in the final minutes of the third quarter. The Bears needed a spark on offense. And all it took was the dynamic duo of Justin Fields and DJ Moore (with a little help from the Lions). Facing a fourth-and-13 from Detroit’s 38-yard line, Chicago’s offense lined up as if they were going to run a play. But it felt like they were trying to get the Lions to jump offsides to make a Cairo Santos field goal attempt easier. Instead, Lions edge rusher Aidan Hutchinson jumped offsides — and the rest is history. Fields dropped back and fired a deep shot to Moore, who caught it in stride for the game-changing touchdown. “When he jumped, I was like, ‘Shoot, I’m out,’ and it was like, ‘meep meep,'” Moore told reporters after the game. .@justnfields with a DIME to @idjmoore Image Image: #DETvsCHI on FOX pic.twitter.com/NoIKvw5p2Y — Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) December 10, 2023 It’s crazy that we almost didn’t get to see what could develop into a turning point for the Bears this season, as the play wasn’t supposed to happen. Tight end Cole Kmet admitted he was “shocked” that they actually ran a play, when there was no intent to snap the ball. But the Bears were ready when the Lions gave them a free shot. “Fourth-and-13, hell of a cadence,” Kmet said. “I thought no way in hell are they jumping… If they do jump, we all know what we’re getting to. But it was fourth-and-13, and we’re at the 938-yard line). That’s prime take-a-delay (time).” While the play itself might have been a surprise, Fields said it wasn’t a challenge given it’s something they’ve prepared for every week. “We practice it multiple times a week,” Fields said. “We’re used to it. Might have happened like three times this week during practice and walk-throughs. Like I said, we practice it. It happens every week, and the guys are ready for it, and we executed it. It ended up being a big play.”
Email

Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Bears Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Bears Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2023/12/ ... -dj-moore/