The Capital City Go-Go have acquired center Jake Stephens via trade

Latest Breaking News on the Washington Wizards
BaltimoreBill

The Capital City Go-Go have acquired center Jake Stephens via trade

Image Jake Stephens drives for the Stockton Kings | Photo by Jack Arent/NBAE via Getty Images The rookie center comes over from the Stockton Kings. The Capital City Go-Go have acquired rookie center Jake Stephens from the Stockton Kings. The Kings receive the returning player rights to Kris Dunn and Jordan Goodwin, two players likely never to spend time in the G League again. While the Go-Go didn’t really give up anything in the deal they did have to waive Daryl Doualla to make room on the roster for Stephens. In nine games this season, Stephens is only averaging 5.4 points, 2 rebounds, and 1.9 assists. However, he’s gotten very limited opportunity thus far, averaging only around 12 minutes per game. Prior to the 2023 NBA Draft in June, I wrote about Stephens as a likely undrafted candidate I thought the Wizards should consider and again suggested him as someone they should have considered for a two-way contract in late July. Given their lack of young center prospects on both the Wizards and Go-Go rosters, this flier seems worthwhile. This is what I wrote about Stephens in July and from what I’ve seen of him in the G League so far, which is not much, it still holds true: Jake Stephens, PF/C, 7’0, Chattanooga, super senior Stats: 22 points, 9.8 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 2.2 blocks, 55.2% FG, 40.8% 3PT (45.1% over the last two seasons), 82% FT Stephens is arguable the best shooting big man in this class. He hit threes from all over the court and usually did so while well-contested. He was insanely productive at the mid-major level, especially around the basket where he made 70% of his attempts. He also has a really good feel for the game and keeps the ball moving within the flow of an offense. On defense, he uses his 7’10 wingspan to help protect the paint but he’s not a great athlete and is pretty slow laterally. He projects almost exclusively as a drop-coverage big. It still seems worth finding out if he can translate that overall production to an NBA game.

Source: https://www.bulletsforever.com/2023/12/ ... kton-kings