Minnesota Timberwolves Discussion Forum
ColdWolves

Josh Powell on how would Pau Gasol fare in today’s NBA: [pausing] The reason I’m pausing is because when you look at the system. Now Pau can play in ANY system first of all, respectfully. He’s one of the greatest to do it so I’m not trying to say that, but this game now is so different because now you don’t have a lot of posting so now you have a lot of guys that are really hanging out on the perimeter a lot more. And even though Pau would drift out there from time to time, you got to feed him mid-post or you got to feed him on that block — Like, you GOT to! And I’m trying to think of a team where somebody’s getting it in other than Sacramento; big fella for them [Domantas Sabonis], Utah potentially; what Minnesota’s doing with K-Towns? That might be a decent fit. Man, you’re asking some good questions, bro! [laughing] For me, before I spit out something it’s so many things that I’m thinking about too. Like, I study the game. I love the game and still play with these guys today so, I’m factoring that in too. It’s a different game. By the time Pau would’ve come down the court, the shot would’ve already went up; so it’s like… it’s a different game! [laughing]

Source: https://hoopshype.com/rumor/2517791/