Open Thread: J. J. Redick says Michael Jordan was the greatest player of a “watered down” era

San Antonio Spurs Discussion Forum
Headcase

Open Thread: J. J. Redick says Michael Jordan was the greatest player of a “watered down” era

Image Photo by Glenn James/NBAE via Getty Images The outspoken podcaster weighs in on the “greatest” conversation Known for stirring the pot, former NBA sharpshooter J. J. Redick shot off during an episode of The Big Podcast With Shaq, sharing a controversial statement about Michael Jordan and how his greatness played in. “I think it’s fair to just say there are different tiers of greatness,” Redick said. “... I’ll say this with Michael Jordan - and I don’t mean this to be controversial, but like everybody talks about the context of this era... Jordan was drafted during his heyday, and six teams were added to the NBA. There were 90 players added to the NBA... Does that not water down the regular season to a degree?” The article’s author, Farbod Esnaashari, referred to Redick as “a sharp basketball mind, Redick knows the game, but does regularly rub people the wrong way with how he speaks on prior eras of NBA basketball.” Redick, along with Doris Burke and Mike Breen, have been covering the postseason together, but the former Duke Blue Devil’s name has been mentioned for head coaching positions. specifically with the Charlotte Hornets and most recently the Los Angeles Lakers. Welcome to the Thread. Join in the conversation, start your own discussion, and share your thoughts. This is the Spurs community, your Spurs community. Thanks for being here. Our community guidelines apply which should remind everyone to be cool, avoid personal attacks, not to troll and to watch the language.

Source: https://www.poundingtherock.com/2024/5/ ... d-down-era
Spurs Gear On Sale - Save up to 70%
Spurs Game Tickets - Lowest Prices, No fees.
Officially Licensed Spurs Memorabilia on Sale
Visit All Our Forums - Over 160 Sports Forums