Mike Brown plans to move Luke Loucks to the front of the bench

Sacramento Kings Discussion Forum
Kings911

Mike Brown plans to move Luke Loucks to the front of the bench

Mike Brown already has some ideas on who is moving up the bench next season. Jordi Fernandez was officially named head coach of the Brooklyn Nets on Monday. He previously served as Brown’s associate head coach for the Sacramento Kings. “Congratulations to Jordi and the Brooklyn Nets, fantastic hire,” Brown said at his end-of-season press conference. 📍 Brooklyn pic.twitter.com/pJGrswWKam — Brooklyn Nets (@BrooklynNets) April 23, 2024 Brown announced that Luke Loucks would move to the front of the bench. The associate head coach position is open for now. Loucks, 34, coached alongside Brown with the Golden State Warriors before joining him in Sacramento. “My first two hires when I got this job were Jordi and Luke Loucks and I told Luke that if anybody leaves from the front of the bench, I’d move him up,” Brown said. “I’m not sure what Jordi’s situation is or who he’ll try to take at the end of the day, that’s to be determined. But he and I are close and we’ll have conversations about that as time goes on.” Mike Brown on potential staff changes as Jordi Fernandez moves to Brooklyn: "My first two hires when I got this hire were Jordi and Luke Loucks." Brown said he told Loucks, when hiring him, that if someone else were to move on, he would get to move to the front of the bench.… — Brenden Nunes (@BrendenNunesNBA) April 24, 2024 He added that he’s leaning toward making Doug Christie the Kings’ summer league coach. “I think it’ll be great for him to get that experience and see what it’s like to make decisions on the fly, put a practice plan together, and connecting a staff as well as a team, and all the other ins-and-outs that come along with coaching a summer league team,” Mike Brown said. “I think Doug may be the only that hasn’t been in that position yet.” Offseason schedule for Mike Brown and the Sacramento Kings
  • Sunday, May 12 – NBA Draft Lottery
  • Wednesday, June 26-Thursday, June 27th – 2024 NBA Draft
  • Sunday, June 30th – Free Agent negotiating window opens (3 PM PST)
  • Saturday, July 6th – Free Agents can officially sign contracts
  • July 12-22nd – Las Vegas Summer League
  • July 27-August 11th – 2024 Olympic Games
  • Friday, September 27th – NBA training camps begin
Thank you for reading SactownSports.com. Follow us on Twitter and Google News, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Source: https://sactownsports.com/mike-brown-co ... ke-loucks/