How Harrison Barnes deals with noise around the NBA trade deadline

Sacramento Kings Discussion Forum
Kings911

How Harrison Barnes deals with noise around the NBA trade deadline

ImageHarrison Barnes has seen plenty in his twelve NBA seasons. He won an NBA championship with the Golden State Warriors in 2015 before spending time with the Dallas Mavericks. A subsequent trade to the Sacramento Kings came two and a half seasons later. Zach Randolph and Justin Jackson were outgoing in exchange for Barnes, known for being reported while mid-game. After five seasons with Sacramento, the Kings re-signed Barnes to a three-year $54-million deal last offseason. Throughout his time in Califonia’s capital, his name has floated around in trade rumors for roughly three seasons. As the February 8th trade deadline approaches in 2024, it’s similar. At Wednesday’s practice, the North Carolina alum was asked about his process of dealing with this time of the season. “I think the biggest thing is just focusing on the day-to-day,” Harrison Barnes said. “Like I said, we have a great opportunity to come on this road trip to put ourselves where we want to in terms of the overall season.” Thursday night in San Francisco marks the start of Sacramento’s longest road trip of the season to face off against Barnes’s old roster. “I think that’s where the focus is. Obviously, there’s the business aspect, and that’s always there regardless of what time of the year it is. I think for us, it’s just focus on the next game.”
https://www.youtube.com/embed/rVJqoF7B_ ... ure=oembed
While Barnes is experienced in dealing with these types of rumors, it could vary for some of his teammates. While Kevin Huerter was acquired via trade, it was seemingly unexpected, and the guard appeared comfortable after finding success in the starting lineup — now the outside noise has changed. He and third-year point guard Davion Mitchell are often mentioned alongside Barnes in recent trade rumors. “We talk about it because obviously, we’re seeing different teams, especially on this road trip, who are going to change up lineups, rotations, things like that,” Barnes said when asked about helping his teammates through the process. “But, I think the biggest thing is just focusing on, like I said, the day-to-day,” he continued. “There’s so much that could happen, and then you get lost to that. Being in the league for 12 years, you see that. We have a good opportunity right in front of us to have a good road trip, and I think that’s where our mind needs to be.”  After Golden State, the Kings will face off against Dallas, Memphis, Miami, Indiana, Chicago, and Cleveland. Seven games in 11 days is a tough stretch, with the looming trade deadline adding another layer to this part of the season. When is the next Sacramento Kings game? Sacramento will come face-to-face with its Northern California rival in the Golden State Warriors for the fourth and final time this season when the two teams face off on Thursday night at Chase Center. The Kings are still seeking their first regular season win on Golden State’s home floor since February 25, 2020, as they have lost their last seven matchups in San Francisco. Sacramento secured a nail-biting win over the Warriors during their most recent matchup on November 28th thanks to Malik Monk’s game-winner.   Image   Thursday’s game will act as the start of a season-long, seven-game road trip for the Kings, who won’t return home until February 7th. Be sure to tune in right here on Sactown Sports 1140 for all of your Kings vs. Warriors coverage, beginning at 5:30 PM PST on Game Night before a 7:00 PM PST tip-off from San Francisco. Upcoming Schedule
  • Thursday, January 25th – Sacramento Kings @ Golden State Warriors – 7:00 PM PST
  • Saturday, January 27th – Sacramento Kings @ Dallas Mavericks – 6:00 PM PST
  • Monday, January 29th – Sacramento Kings @ Memphis Grizzlies – 5:00 PM PST
  • Wednesday, January 31st – Sacramento Kings @ Miami Heat – 4:30 PM PST
  • Friday, February 2nd – Sacramento Kings @ Indiana Pacers – 4:30 PM PST
Thank you for reading SactownSports.com. Follow us on Twitter and Google News, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Source: https://sactownsports.com/how-harrison- ... -deadline/