Sixers happy with production they receive from Danuel House Jr.

Latest breaking news on the Philadelphia 76ers
76ers Since 74

Sixers happy with production they receive from Danuel House Jr.

PHILADELPHIA — The Philadelphia 76ers were in need of an energy boost on Friday when they played host to the Toronto Raptors. They had gotten off to a slow start as they trailed by as many as 15 in the first half. The Sixers were able to recover for a 121-111 win thanks to the brilliance of Tobias Harris, Tyrese Maxey, and Joel Embiid, but Philadelphia received a spark from Danuel House Jr. House had only three points in 22:59 of playing time, but he was a plus-15. He made a big difference with his athleticism and defensive activity in order to help the Sixers walk away with their 20th win of the season. “I thought House especially came in and just played really hard,” said coach Nick Nurse. “He was just running hard, rebounding hard, just fighting hard. I thought Cov (Robert Covington) started fighting. They weren’t perfect, but at least they raised the level I think of our fight and our compete.” Despite being in and out of the rotation, House has continued to stay professional. The work that he puts in to stay ready and prepared for whenever his number is called is an important aspect of this group and the Sixers know it. “He’s big time,” Maxey added of House. “He’s been around the league for a long time. So he knows how to stay professional know how to stay ready and what he did tonight and that other night, I think that was two nights ago, he guarded Anthony Edwards, he guarded a lot of other people that night. So he’s been huge.” This isn’t the first time that House has stepped in and given the Sixers a boost when they needed it. He was fantastic in Philadelphia’s Game 5 win over the Boston Celtics in Round 2 of the playoffs this past Spring and Philadelphia knows he can be relied upon. “We know he’s a guy that plays in the playoffs,” Maxey added. “Last year, he was big in the playoffs. So we know he’s always going to be ready, and we appreciate him for that.” Tyrese Maxey explains his frequent 4th quarter success to lead SixersNBA Twitter reacts to Tobias Harris going off to lead Sixers over RaptorsSixers' Joel Embiid addresses ankle, offensive explosion in win over Raptors
Email

Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Sixers Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Sixers Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2023/12 ... -house-jr/
76ers Gear On Sale - Save up to 70%
76ers Game Tickets - Lowest Prices, No fees
Licensed 76ers Memorabilia on Sale
Over 160 Sports Forums - NFL, NBA, MLB, College Football