Tyrese Maxey explains his frequent 4th quarter success to lead Sixers

Latest breaking news on the Philadelphia 76ers
76ers Since 74

Tyrese Maxey explains his frequent 4th quarter success to lead Sixers

PHILADELPHIA — The Philadelphia 76ers have been a successful team in all facets to begin the 2023-24 season, but it has been the 4th quarter play of Tyrese Maxey that has been a big key for a few victories to begin the season. Maxey did it again in Friday’s 121-111 win over the Toronto Raptors. He scored 17 points on 6-for-10 shooting and he knocked down two triples to finish with 33 points on the night. He was absolutely terrific and this effort came after he scored 15 points in the 4th quarter in their previous win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. There just seems to be a switch that he can flip in the biggest moments of the game. “I know that’s when Joel (Embiid) gets his rest,” Maxey explained. “So I know that’s when I either gotta get the lead back or maintain the lead or grow the lead and my teammates and my coaching staff, they really look to me at that time to not just score for myself, but run the team, get guys involved, and make sure guys in the right spots.” It helps that Maxey is a tireless worker. He is always ready for any challenge that gets thrown his way so when the time comes, he is able to be ready for what’s to come and he rises to the occasion. “I feel like the preparation that I put in and all the time, it shows,” he added. “I just try to go out there and be extremely aggressive and help us get Ws.” Maxey’s efforts have helped the Sixers get off to a 20-8 record on the season as they now head out on the road for a 4-game trip starting on Christmas Day against the Miami Heat in South Florida. Sixers' Joel Embiid addresses ankle, offensive explosion in win over RaptorsJoel Embiid, Sixers impressed with Tobias Harris after win over RaptorsPlayer grades: Tobias Harris steps up to lead Sixers past Raptors
Email

Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Sixers Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Sixers Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2023/12 ... ad-sixers/
76ers Gear On Sale - Save up to 70%
76ers Game Tickets - Lowest Prices, No fees
Licensed 76ers Memorabilia on Sale
Over 160 Sports Forums - NFL, NBA, MLB, College Football