Sixers' Joel Embiid talks lack of execution, final shot in loss to Bulls

Latest breaking news on the Philadelphia 76ers
76ers Since 74

Sixers' Joel Embiid talks lack of execution, final shot in loss to Bulls

PHILADELPHIA–The Philadelphia 76ers had their chances at home on Monday in a 108-104 loss to the Chicago Bulls. The Sixers trailed by 12 after three quarters, but they rallied back and made it a game late in the fourth quarter before coming up just short. Joel Embiid had another phenomenal game of 40 points, 14 rebounds, and six assists, but the Sixers couldn’t get enough offense out of everybody else. Tyrese Maxey was the only other Sixer in double figures with 29 points and 15 of those coming in the fourth quarter. “Our spacing wasn’t right,” said a somber Embiid after the loss. “I think we kinda forgot our fundamentals, but that happens. We’ve been on a roll and I think tonight, a lot of it also has to do with not making shots for really the first three quarters.” With that being said, the Sixers still had their chance. They trailed the Bulls 106-104 with 16.2 seconds left. Maxey and Embiid ran a pick-and-roll and Maxey threw a perfect pocket pass to Embiid. The big fella threw up a floater that came up short before DeMar DeRozan sealed it with free throws. “I thought we got a pretty good shot out of it,” Embiid said of the final shot. “The ball just slipped out of my hands. If I had to do it again, maybe I would have probably just gone with my shot. Just step back and take that short jumper like I’ve always done, but trying to go for the floater, and the ball just slipped out. It happens and yeah, but you know, good execution. Spacing could have been better, too, but good execution, and I just missed it.” The Bulls also just made shots. Patrick Williams and Nikola Vucevic both made some big triples to give Chicago separation down the stretch. Those shots are killers that ended any furious comeback attempt by Philadelphia. “I thought we made a pretty good run,” Embiid said of the fourth quarter. “We came back in the game. They hit Patrick Williams and Vuc hit some big shots from 3. We had opportunities, we came back. We fought. Just came up short.” The Sixers will move on to face the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday. Player grades: Joel Embiid not enough as Sixers fall to Bulls at homeSixers' Nick Nurse discusses what he has learned about Tobias HarrisFull injury report for Joel Embiid, Sixers vs. Bulls in home matchup
Email

Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Sixers Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Sixers Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2023/12 ... -to-bulls/
76ers Gear On Sale - Save up to 70%
76ers Game Tickets - Lowest Prices, No fees
Licensed 76ers Memorabilia on Sale
Over 160 Sports Forums - NFL, NBA, MLB, College Football