Jaden Springer discusses one-game G League assignment from Sixers

Latest breaking news on the Philadelphia 76ers
76ers Since 74

Jaden Springer discusses one-game G League assignment from Sixers

PHILADELPHIA–On Saturday, the Philadelphia 76ers made the decision to send third-year guard Jaden Springer to their G League affiliate, the Delaware Blue Coats, to get some court time. Springer had not played in quite some time due to being out with an illness and he was unable to get on the floor for the Sixers when he returned. Therefore, coach Nick Nurse explained that the team wanted the young guard to get on the court and see some live action. Springer scored 19 points in a Blue Coats win and then was immediately brought back up to the Sixers. After a win over the Washington Wizards on Monday, he discussed his trip down to Delaware. “It was pretty cool,” said Springer. “The coaches and stuff feel like I should go to the G League to get back into things. So that was pretty cool.” With Monday’s contest with the Wizards being such a blowout, Springer was able to get on the court and get some action under his belt. He had six points and two steals in nine minutes off the bench as he continues to work his way back into the swing of things following his illness. “I’m feeling good,” he explained. “I’ve got my wind back and everything so I feel like everything is going smooth.” As far as what the Sixers ask of him when he is in the G League, there isn’t anything specific. It’s just about making sure he sees live action and is able to get some type of rhythm going. “Just get more reps whenever you can,” he stated of any message he receives from the coaching staff. “You work on your game. You know what you got to do. I feel like it’s more like understanding. You know what you’ve gotta work on. You know what you can bring to this team. So just try to go out there have fun and work on your game.” Sixers did not want to play with Wizards, focused on putting them awaySixers evaluate the play of Kelly Oubre Jr. after win over WizardsSixers' Joel Embiid was determined not to see the 4th quarter vs. Wizards
Email

Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Sixers Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Sixers Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2023/12 ... om-sixers/
76ers Gear On Sale - Save up to 70%
76ers Game Tickets - Lowest Prices, No fees
Licensed 76ers Memorabilia on Sale
Over 160 Sports Forums - NFL, NBA, MLB, College Football