De'Anthony Melton thankful for Nick Nurse, Sixers for pushing him

Latest breaking news on the Philadelphia 76ers
76ers Since 74

De'Anthony Melton thankful for Nick Nurse, Sixers for pushing him

CAMDEN, N.J. — The Philadelphia 76ers made a terrific move on draft night 2022 when they acquired De’Anthony Melton from the Memphis Grizzlies. Melton has been a perfect fit for the Sixers in his two seasons in Philadelphia as a 3-and-D player for this group. In his second season with the Sixers, Melton is now a full-time starter for Philadelphia averaging 11.6 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 3.4 assists while shooting 36.9% from deep. He has consistently taken on the opposition’s best scorer and does a little bit of everything for the Sixers. Coach Nick Nurse has continued to allow guys to be themselves and with the help of assistant Rico Hines, Melton has morphed into an important piece for the Sixers. “It feels good,” Melton explained. “I mean, sometimes you need that support behind you. You got Nick pushing me. You got Rico pushing me and stuff like that. Just to be great out there. Just being aggressive and whatever comes with it comes with it and just from the start of this season and just working on my game and everything in the summer. Coach sees a lot of good things from me so I just kind of provide that for my team and continue to win.” Melton’s nickname is “Mr. Do Something” due to the fact that he does almost everything out on the floor for the Sixers. He can shoot the ball, he is a terrific defender, he can handle the ball, and he can help on the glass and make plays for others. He is a helpful player for the Sixers. Melton missed Friday’s win over the Toronto Raptors due to a thigh contusion, but he looks like he can return for the Christmas Day matchup against the Miami Heat. “I practiced fully today (Saturday),” said Melton. “I went through drills and stuff like that. So my thigh feels good and yeah, I’m ready.” Still, the Sixers want to make sure Melton is going to be back permanently so they had him wearing thigh pads at practice on Saturday just to help prevent another injury. “It’s something they want me to test out just in case,” he explained. “You don’t want nothing to happen right again right away. So just in case to prevent something.” Nick Nurse gives injury updates on Joel Embiid, other Sixers playersReport: Sixers to sign big man Kenneth Lofton Jr. to a two-way dealSixers happy with production they receive from Danuel House Jr.
Email

Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Sixers Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Sixers Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2023/12 ... shing-him/
76ers Gear On Sale - Save up to 70%
76ers Game Tickets - Lowest Prices, No fees
Licensed 76ers Memorabilia on Sale
Over 160 Sports Forums - NFL, NBA, MLB, College Football