Sixers' Kelly Oubre Jr. talks health amid return from fractured rib

Latest breaking news on the Philadelphia 76ers
76ers Since 74

Sixers' Kelly Oubre Jr. talks health amid return from fractured rib

CAMDEN, N.J. — The Philadelphia 76ers welcomed Kelly Oubre Jr. back to the lineup on Dec. 6 following an 11-game absence due to a fractured rib he suffered when struck by a vehicle on Nov. 11. In eight games since returning from the injury, Oubre is averaging 10.4 points and 3.3 rebounds while shooting 46.5% from the floor and 30.3% from deep. The shooting numbers are down from the 50% overall and 37.8% from deep in the first eight games of the season before his injury. Oubre has also played a different role in his return to the floor. He started five of the first eight games of the season before his injury. He has come off the bench in seven of the eight since his return. He is still finding his rhythm in games. “I feel good,” Oubre said at practice on Thursday. “I feel really good. I feel like I’m in a rhythm and flow in practice. Everything’s been dialed, but obviously, the game is a different test and you have to work with the ebbs and flows of that game specifically. So that’s what we’re doing. We’re figuring it out every day, but yeah. I’m happy to be here.” Oubre and the Sixers take on the Toronto Raptors at home on Friday. Tobias Harris, Sixers describe what a Nick Nurse practice entailsNBA Power Rankings: Timberwolves, Celtics battle for the top spotNick Nurse discusses what he likes about Sixers forward KJ Martin
Email

Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Sixers Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Sixers Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2023/12 ... tured-rib/
76ers Gear On Sale - Save up to 70%
76ers Game Tickets - Lowest Prices, No fees
Licensed 76ers Memorabilia on Sale
Over 160 Sports Forums - NFL, NBA, MLB, College Football