Sixers' Joel Embiid reflects on his time playing with Ben Simmons

Latest breaking news on the Philadelphia 76ers
76ers Since 74

Sixers' Joel Embiid reflects on his time playing with Ben Simmons

There was a time when it looked like Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons would team up to lead the Philadelphia 76ers to a championship. They were both young enough and on the same timeline in order to make things work, but then things went awry in 2021. Following a Round 2 loss to the Atlanta Hawks in which Simmons had a miserable series, the 3-time All-Star requested a trade that summer. The Sixers waited and waited until the 2022 deadline when they sent Simmons to the Brooklyn Nets to acquire James Harden. Embiid hopped on teammate Tyrese Maxey’s podcast “Maxey on the Mic” and he reflected on his time with Simmons as he told Maxey (h/t Sports Illustrated): I’ve always been one of those people that didn’t believe (Simmons) actually needed a jumper, like he was so good, he’s just a monster…. almost as fast as you…. freaking monster, strong, I never actually believed he needed a jumper. I just believed that, you know, if he could find a way to get his free throws to 75-80%, that would have changed everything. Embiid has always said in the past that he believes he and Simmons could have been more successful if they stayed together longer. When looking back on the Embiid-Simmons era, it will be looked at for their success on the floor during the regular season, but the Sixers were unable to reach the potential they had with those two stars leading the way. Sixers vs. Wizards game preview: Lineups, how to watch, broadcast infoSixers give thoughts on in-season tournament after Lakers beat PacersFull injury report for Joel Embiid, Sixers in home matchup vs. Wizards Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Sixers Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Sixers Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2023/12 ... n-simmons/
76ers Gear On Sale - Save up to 70%
76ers Game Tickets - Lowest Prices, No fees
Licensed 76ers Memorabilia on Sale
Over 160 Sports Forums - NFL, NBA, MLB, College Football