Sixers' Patrick Beverley talks growing relationship with Tyrese Maxey

Latest breaking news on the Philadelphia 76ers
76ers Since 74

Sixers' Patrick Beverley talks growing relationship with Tyrese Maxey

CAMDEN, N.J.–The Philadelphia 76ers brought in Patrick Beverley in the offseason on a 1-year deal to give them a boost in toughness, veteran know-how, and somebody who can also produce when called upon. Beverley brings a lot to the table. He is a positive voice in the locker room, he is a productive player on the floor, and he makes an impact on his teammates. Tyrese Maxey is a guy who has taken a lot of advice from Beverley throughout the 2023-24 season. Maxey is averaging 27.0 points, 6.7 assists, and 4.6 rebounds while shooting 46.4% from the floor and 39.6% from deep. He has been fantastic and Beverley has been a help for him in a tough position. “Obviously, coming to a new team, my persona, my background, obviously, us playing the same position, a lot of guys feel kind of threatened when I’m around,” Beverley said. “I let him know from day one that I’m here to help. I’m here to help. I’m gonna give all my knowledge and all the knowledge that you haven’t gotten. I’m here to help.” The intensity that Beverley brings to the Sixers daily whether it be in games or in practice is a big help for Philadelphia. He has been setting the tone in practices and Maxey has fed off his energy. “I’m here to nurture you in a time of need,” Beverley added of his role with Maxey. “I’m gonna push you. In practice, I’m gonna be in your ass, and I expect the same. Our relationship has grown a lot. So I’m excited. I’m excited for his growth. I’m happy to be a small part of it. Obviously, I’ve only been here for a couple, three, four months, but just to be a small part of his success is definitely fortunate.” Sixers welcome Joel Embiid, Tyrese Maxey back to practice after illnessNick Nurse gives insight to Kelly Oubre Jr.'s role in return to SixersSixers' Kelly Oubre Jr. addresses injury, conspiracy theorists in return Email Sign up Like this article? Sign up for the Sixers Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning An error has occured Please re-enter your email address. Thanks for signing up! You'll now receive the top Sixers Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

Source: https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2023/12 ... ese-maxey/
76ers Gear On Sale - Save up to 70%
76ers Game Tickets - Lowest Prices, No fees
Licensed 76ers Memorabilia on Sale
Over 160 Sports Forums - NFL, NBA, MLB, College Football